We are looking for an experienced service desk engineer to join our team and provide fast and valuable technical support, this engineer will be part of the Service Desk Department based out of our Office in Plassey, Limerick.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone and/or email, the role involves the following.
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and relevant questions. Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in ticket logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team. Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Engineers must monitor service-level agreements (SLAs) and ensure compliancy.
- They must record incidents correctly and categorise and prioritise them as per company procedures.
- Installing, upgrading, supporting, and resolving issues relating to PCs or laptops, printers, scanners, phones, VoIP, besides the Intranet, LAN, and WAN, hardware, and software.
- Knowledge to install and maintain security, anti-virus solutions and firewall, configure and maintain operating systems and software applications, backup devices, and suggest ideas for improving service desk functions and service delivery regularly.
The engineer must have;
- Broad experience of IT with basic understanding of Networks, Servers, and Telecoms.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Experience in windows server 2016/2019, AD, DHCP, DNS.
- Experience in windows Hyper-V.
- Experience in Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
- Linux Experience an advantage.
- Strong Microsoft Operating System installation and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers and Handhelds.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (M365).
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels.
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel both internally and externally.
- Strong Customer service skills.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating.
Application deadline: 10/9/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €30,000.00-€40,000.00 per year
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Education: Bachelor’s (preferred)
Experience: IT Networking: 5 years (required)
Language: English (required)
Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19